Sunday, September 5, 2010

CHOCOLATE - HAZELNUT THUMBPRINTS


Here's another yummy recipe I can't wait to try from Cooking light Magazine's 12/ 2009 issue..Chocolate Hazelnut Thumbprints....chocolate and nuts combined are two of my favorite's in any chocolate dessert..



4.5 ounces all purpose flower ( about 1 cup )
1 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, soften
2 large egg yolks

1 teaspoon instant espresso ( optional )
but, it will intensify the flavor of the chocolate cookie..

1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2/3 cup finely chopped hazelnuts, toasted
1/3 cup hazelnut-chocolate spread ( such as Nutella )



1. preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; Level with a knife.

Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, and salt; stir with a whisk.. Place butter in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy ( about 2 minutes ). Stir egg yolks with a Whisk, adding espresso, if desired.

Add the yolk mixture and vanilla to butter; beat well. Add flour mixture to butter mixture; beat at low speed just until combined.

3). Turn dough out onto a sheet of wax paper; knead 6 times or until smooth and shiny. Shape dough into 28 ( 1-inch ) balls. Roll sides of balls in nuts, pressing gently. Arrange balls 1 inch apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Press thumb into center of each cookie, leaving an indentation. Bake, 1 batch at a time, at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.

Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks. Spoon a scant 1/2 teaspoon hazelnut-chocolate spread into center of each cookie.

Yields 28 cookies, serving size 1 cookie ).


 Credits:...  (1) .. photo from Flickr member Chocolate-Hazelnut Thumbprints
  by eyes of disarray  ( 2 ). Chocolate Hazelnut cookie recipe from Cooking Light Magazine Dec, 2009 issue   (3)..Nutella Hazelnut spread....http://www.nutellausa.com

Do you have a favorite chocolate dessert? Be it one that you bake or buy.. Do share it with me I loved to hear from you .... Thank you  for stopping by and leaving your comments:

8 comments:

  1. My first love is Jesus…then my wife of 45 years…then cooking. I really enjoyed looking over your blog. I am now a follower of yours on Vetsy's View. I'll definately visit this blog from there. Feel free to look over my blog and become a follower of my blog also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for coming by and for the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hazel nut combines well chocolate-yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely! foodbin I love chocolate and nut combos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vetsy,
    these look really good. I'm not good at making biscuits or cookies, so don't know how good my attemtps at making these would turn out. So I'll just hang around here and admire them, maybe one of them will leap out into my hand to munch on too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Mangocheeks Thank you for stopping buy. I'm so glad we have something in common..

    They do look delicious, I hope that I will have the opportunity to bake them before Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure could use one of these cookies to go along with the coffee I'm drinking right now. Please pass the thumbprints!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me too" I can't wait to get around to making these.

    ReplyDelete